Several ICT investigators and students have recently garnered recognition for their academic and research efforts.
- ICT investigator Daniel Work of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering was recently honored with a National Science Foundation Early Career Development (CAREER) award.
- Graduate student Eric Ferrebee was awarded the Illinois Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s scholarship.
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville graduate student Irene Weber presented research findings she collected as part of her work on ICT/IDOT project R27-126, “Temporary Stabilization Specification Improvements,” at the Society for Ecological Restoration’s 5th World Conference.
- Graduate student Rebekah Yang was awarded the Helene M. Overly Graduate Scholarship from the Women’s Transportation Seminar Greater Chicago Chapter.
- Several ICT researchers and students were recognized at the Illinois Bituminous Conference and the Transportation Research Board’s 93rd Annual Meeting. For more information, please refer to articles about those conferences in this newsletter.