The following Kent Seminar Series lectures, presented in fall and winter 2014, are available online:
- December 4, 2014: Rebekah Yang, Life-Cycle Assessment for Asphalt Pavements with Regional Binder Production Models
- November 20, 2014: Jeff LaHucik, Effect of Aggregate Packing Structure on Roller-Compacted Concrete (RCC)
- November 13, 2014: Maryam Shakiba, Pore Water Pressure Effect on the Response of Asphalt Concrete Under Coupled Moisture-Mechanical Loading
- November 6, 2014: Jorge Zornberg, Properties Governing the Performance of Geosynthetic-Reinforced Pavements
- October 30, Yu Qian: Multi-Scale Integrated Computational and Experimental Framework for the Assessment of Railroad Ballast Life-Cycle Behavior
Many other Kent Seminar presentations since 2012 are available on ICT’s website.
The Paul Fraser Kent Memorial Lecture, initiated in 2007, honors outstanding leadership in the field of transportation engineering. Kent was a 1920 graduate of the University of Illinois in civil engineering. As a highway contractor and materials supplier, he owned and operated two Champaign-based companies, General Paving and Builders Supply. Throughout his professional career, he expressed the highest regard and great esteem for the education in civil engineering he received at the University of Illinois. Kent dedicated himself to civic service in Illinois and surrounding states. He was the founder and president of the University of Illinois Civil Engineering Alumni Association and was the recipient of the U of I Loyalty Award and the Civil Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award.