The ICT Executive Committee met in Springfield, Illinois, on February 10, 2015. The committee considered requests for new research funding and approved the following IDOT projects.
- Adapting Construction Staking and Inspection to Modern Technology
- Design of Living Barriers to Reduce the Impacts of Snow Drifts on Illinois Freeways
- Determining Whether a Deck with a Microsilica or Latex Concrete Overlay in Place Can Be Overlaid
- Effectiveness of Waterproofing Systems for Bituminous Overlays on Bridge Decks
- Establishing Procedures and Guidelines for Pedestrian Treatments at Uncontrolled Locations
- Pavement Rehabilitation Strategy Course Development
- Refinement of Load Factors for Illinois-Specific Load and Resistance Factored Rating Bridge Load Rating using Weigh-in-Motion Data
- Roadway Lighting’s Impact on Altering Soybean Growth
- Thermodynamics of Hot-Mix Asphalt Plant Production with Alternative Binder Replacement Mixes (will proceed pending outcome of special project currently underway on this issue)
On April 20, 2015, ICT will solicit competitive proposals for the newly approved research projects. Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will be available on the ICT website. To be notified when RFPs are posted, please subscribe to our mailing list.
The Executive Committee also approved Phase 2 projects for two previously completed studies.
- Field Performance Evaluations of Sustainable Aggregate By-Product Applications
- Opportunistic Traffic Sensing Using Existing Video Sources