The achievements of several ICT investigators and students have been recognized with the following awards. Congratulations to all!
- Timothy Stark, professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UIUC, won Best Paper award for “Use of Seismic Surface Wave Testing to Assess Track Substructure” at the 13th International Railway Engineering Conference in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Enad Mahmoud, assistant professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV), received the 2014–2015 UTRGV faculty award in civil engineering.
- Carmine Dwyer, William Vavrik, and Rachel Becker of Applied Research Associates (ARA) received ARA’s Technical Publication Honors for the Illinois Department of Transportation Pavement Marking Selection Guide they developed as part of the ICT/IDOT project “Evaluating Pavement Markings on Portland Cement Concrete and Various Asphalt Surfaces.”
- Ph.D. candidate Rebekah Yang received the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015–2016 Airport Cooperative Research Program Graduate Research Award.
- Yang was also the recipient of the Federal Highway Administration’s 2015–2016 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Graduate Fellowship.
- Ph.D. candidate Angeli Gamez received the 2015 Society of Women Engineers Region H scholarship.
- Alexander Brand successfully defended his Ph.D. dissertation, “Interfacial Transition Zone Composition and Bonding in Cementitious Materials with Asphalt-Coated Particles” on August 17. Kudos to Alex and his mentor, Professor Jeffery Roesler.