The following ICT-affiliated researchers have recently been recognized by the research community with the following awards:
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) graduate student Md. Toushik Ahme Niloy, who has been assisting with ICT/IDOT project “Design of Living Barriers to Reduce the Impact of Snow Drifts on Illinois Freeways” received the SIUE Graduate School Dean Steve Hanson Symposium Poster Award for his poster “Actuated Signal timing Optimization for a No-Notice Evacuation: A Simulation Study of Residents Near the Phillips 66 Oil Refinery in Wood River, Illinois.”
- Mani Golparvar Fard, associate professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was awarded the Hojjat Adeli Award for Innovation in Computing for his paper: Dimitrov, A., Gu, R., and Golparvar-Fard, M. (2016), “Non Uniform B-Spline Surface Fitting from Unordered 3D Point Clouds for As-Built Modeling,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 31:7, pp. 483-498).
- Associate Professor Ryan Fries of Southern Illinois Edwardsville has received both the 2017 University of Delaware Department of Civil engineering Citation for Outstanding Achievement Award and the Illinois-Indiana Region American Society of Engineers Education Outstanding Representative Award.
- Dr. Hao Wang was promoted to Associate Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at Rutgers University. Dr. Wang also received Rutger’s ASCE Chapter Distinguished Research Award.
- Professor Imad Al-Qadi delivered keynote speeches at the GeoMEast International Conference, Sham Elshiek, Egypt, Jul 15-19, 2017; the International Conference on Advances in Sustainable Construction Materials and Civil Engineering Systems (ASCMCES-17) at the University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, April 18-20, 2017; the 77th Jordanian International Civil Engineering Conference, Amman, Jordan, May 9-11, 2017; and the 2nd Transportation Research Congress, Beijing, China, May 23-25, 2017. Al-Qadi also co-organized the 10th International Conference on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields, Athens, Greece, June 28-30, 2017.