Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Outreach Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Communications Coordinator, the Outreach Coordinator serves to develop new and expanding existing outreach efforts, and develop and maintain long-term relationships between the center and the transportation research community. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement training initiatives and technical conferences that address specific research needs in coordination with multiple sponsors, including the management of conference marketing, registration, and attendance, payments, etc.
- Build and manage the center’s web content and presence, including ICT’s homepage and training and workshop websites and training database, in coordination with the Department’s IT unit and the center’s communication team.
- Execute social media strategy following established schedule of regularly featured topics and continue to grow the unit’s online presence by building and maintaining the center’s social media profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media channels and monitoring and engaging in regular discussions about the center’s latest research studies.
- Create survey tools to gauge readership and effectiveness of various technology transfer efforts, including the newsletter, annual conferences, and regular training classes and workshops; identify and test survey content for accessibility and user-friendliness; summarize and present survey data using fact sheets, graphs, and tables; and provide recommendations for improvement in light of survey results.
- Distribute quarterly e-newsletters and other electronic communications and develop communications resources and tools, including regular updates to the website(s) and social media postings.
- Write, edit, and proofread technical articles on ICT research projects for ICT website and ICT e-newsletter, highlighting key findings of the center’s research efforts; communicate with principal investigators, project researchers, and sponsoring agency representatives to identify featured technical content.
- Assist in managing the publishing cycles and content areas; adhere to publication standards and establish goals and expectations; oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors.
- Collaborate with outside vendors including graphic designers, printers, and others to create quality communications products.
- Travel as needed to ICT meetings and conferences.
- Assume additional appropriate related outreach activities to further the mission of the Center.
- B.S. degree in English, Communications, or related field.
- One to three years of communications and/or writing experience.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deadlines – ability to
- prioritize, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel,
- Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access).
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and work independently and as a team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to manage projects within established deadlines.
- Technology transfer coordination experience.
- Knowledge of graphic design/publishing and its related processes.
The Outreach Coordinator position is a 100% full-time equivalent (FTE), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by August 15, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Vicki Dixon at email@example.com or 217-244-0857.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu