ICT is pleased to announce the speakers scheduled for November for the Kent Seminar series.
- November 6: Jorge Zornberg, Professor and W.J. Murray, Jr. Fellow in Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- November 13: Siyang Xie, M.S. student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- November 20: Jeff LaHucik, M.S. student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
All seminars are held at ATREL and start at 12:30. The seminars are also available live online:
- Join meeting online (use Internet Explorer)
- Join by Phone: 217-332-6338 | 1-888-983-3631
- Conference ID: 51605
The Paul Fraser Kent Memorial Lecture, initiated in 2007, honors outstanding leadership in the field of transportation engineering. Kent was a 1920 graduate of the University of Illinois in civil engineering. As a highway contractor and materials supplier, he owned and operated two Champaign-based companies, General Paving and Builders Supply. Throughout his professional career, he expressed the highest regard and great esteem for the education in civil engineering he received at the University of Illinois. Kent dedicated himself to civic service in Illinois and surrounding states. He was the founder and president of the University of Illinois Civil Engineering Alumni Association and was the recipient of the U of I Loyalty Award and the Civil Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award.