ICT is soliciting proposals until April 30, 2020 for the following new research projects:
- RFP 20-01: Influence of Field-Curing Conditions on Strength of Concrete Test Specimens
- RFP 20-02: Developing Scour-Depth Estimation Using the In-Situ Scour Testing Device (ISTD) for Illinois Cohesive Soils
- RFP 20-03: Chip-Seal Quality Assurance using Percent Embedment
- RFP 20-04: Evaluating IDOT’s Community Impact Assessment Manual to Determine Socioeconomic Impacts of Projects
- RFP 20-05: Crash Modification Factors (CMFs) for Contrast Pavement Marking on Light-Colored Pavement
- RFP 20-06: Determining the Effectiveness of Bridge Deck Crack-Sealing Systems
- RFP 20-07: Strength and Serviceability of Damaged Steel Girders
- RFP 20-08: Residual Capacity of Precast Prestressed Concrete (PPC) Deck Beams with Transverse Cracks
***Technical questions and answers will be posted here as they are received. All questions should be submitted to ICT at ICTProjectManagement@illinois.edu by Friday, April 10, 2020.
RFP Evaluation Process:
A group of subject matter experts, referred to as the Technical Review Panel (TRP), will review each proposal submitted. Each proposal is evaluated against the following five factors:
- Evaluation of the Proposal/Work Plan
- Evaluation of the Research Approach
- Application and Implementation of Results
- Evaluation of the Research Team
- Evaluation of Facilities, Equipment and Organization(s)
Weight for each of these factors is determined prior to evaluation by the TRP, and applied uniformly by each reviewer.
Principal Investigators submitting research proposals for consideration by the IDOT/ICT research program should always review TRID for similar or related topics prior to submitting their proposal. TRB has recorded a series of videos (March 2017) that discuss new features of the TRID database, the benefits of using TRID, and how to search the database using either a desktop or a mobile device. These videos are available on-demand at no cost, and slides are available.
Click here to add yourself to the email list to receive future RFP notifications.