Erosion and Sediment Control
This three-modular Erosion and Sediment Control workshop offers Illinois Department of Transportation contractors, designers, inspectors and other professionals best management practices in the areas of erosion and sediment control as well as storm water.
These one-day courses are a requirement for engineering consultants with projects subject to IDOT’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits.
Module I: Fundamentals of Storm Water Pollution and Erosion and Sediment Control
This module includes hands-on learning opportunities as well as topical discussions, including:
- Fundamentals of hydrology and soil erosion
- Regulations related to erosion and sediment control
- Best management practices for erosion and sediment control
- Inspection of erosion and sediment control measures
Module II: Erosion and Sediment Control Planning and Design
Here attendees will learn about the following:
- Erosion and sediment control design and planning processes
- How to develop erosion and sediment control designs and storm water pollution-prevention plan narratives
Module III: Inspection of Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices
This module discusses the following topics:
- Regulatory requirements for ILR40 and ILR10 compliance
- Identifying correct installation and maintenance of storm water best management practices
- Best management practices for maintenance requirements
- Erosion and sediment control field guide for construction inspection
Note: It is each individual’s responsibility to remember when certification expires and to test to remain certified. No exceptions.
Spaces must be reserved with a credit card. IDOT personnel are to contact their district registrar to register. For those unsure who their district registrar is, please contact us.
Module I:Private company: $375
Government agency: $250
Module II:Private company: $200
Government agency: $150
Module III:Private company: $200
Government agency: $150
Registrants must provide two weeks’ notice if unable to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once cancellation is complete, Illinois Center for Transportation will provide a refund, less a $50 processing fee. Otherwise, no refund will be provided.
An alternate may go in place of a registrant. To do so, email email@example.com. The above cancellation policy also applies to alternates.